Established many years ago (1987-1989) as a non-profit corporation to benefit the local community, the Endowment Fund attempts to assist worthwhile projects and efforts in Fresno and Madera County.
The Endowment Fund is primary supported by contributions from North Fresno Rotarians but our finances are independent from the North Fresno Rotary Board.
We meet on a bi-monthly basis (3rd Wednesday of every odd-month).
To benefit our local community by assisting worthwhile capital projects and efforts in Fresno and Madera County.
GIFTS AND ENDOWMENTS
The Rotary Club of North Fresno Endowment Fund is proud to have provided the following gifts and endowments in the Fresno community
- Valley Teen Ranch- $5000 towards total cost of $20,000 for a double wide trailer for a new mental health and substance abuse building.
- Youth for Christ- $1000 for landscape work for front and back yards of campus life center that serves hundreds of middle school and high schoolers as an after school program and group meeting facility.
- United for the Future- $2000 for bikes and helmets provided to students that show improvement in academic performance, attendance and behavior that encourages students to regular participation in weekly mentoring activities.
- Salvation Army- $1000 for two computers and two printers for their Adult Rehabilitation Center (ARC- Substance abuse support program) that allow program participants to work on resumes, job applications and connect with social services.
- Hinds Hospice- $2500- Updated phone system to protect vital clinical communications during emergencies.
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters- $2500 Secure computer server to keep records and track big brother and big sister match information.
- Valley Public Radio- $1000 Wireless microphone/receiver kit will be used in various ways, including in-studio shows they currently produce, such as Young Artist Spotlight, providing audio for live performances and interview segments, and supporting our news team with portable and precise sound.
- Fresno First Tee- $1500 - 20 Youth golf sets to ensure no child is left behind because of lack of equipment.
- Fresno Art Museum- $2,600 - Modernization of the Fresno Art Museum’s taxed phone system with 15 new phones and a new voicemail system.
- Youth For Christ- $1,000 - Two laptops to be shared amongst the new staff team to support mentorship work of the Fresno/Madera Youth for Christ.
- Michael Grannis, Chairman
- Nick Smaldino, Vice-Chairman
- Hagop Bedoyan, Secretary
- Josh Giosa, Treasurer
- Bernadette Hansen, Past Past President
- Paul Gibson - Past President
- Rod Gibson - Current President
- Bruce Harr- President Elect
- Marsha Wagner, at large
- Jim Clark, at large